Participez à une rencontre à l’ONU : 3 au 7 février 2014
Opportunité: Participez à un groupe de travail à l’ONU sur les objectifs de développement durable
Quand: 3 au 7 février 2014
Où: Bureaux de l’Organisation des Nations Unies, New York
N’hésitez pas à m’envoyez un courriel ([email protected]) pour obtenir du soutien dans votre candidature ou si vous avez des questions!
IFMSA will be sending a delegation the 8th session of the UN Open Working Group on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in February 2014. The meeting will take place in New York at UNHQ from 3rd to 7th February.
This is the eight and final session of the Open Working Group on SDGs, which is part of the post Rio+20 and post 2015 processes. The open working group has been in operation since March this year and was mandated by the UNGA to propose a set of SDGs; this process is the heart of the ongoing post 2015 process. The meetings will discuss issues broader than health, such as social equity, peacebuilding, women’s empowerment. IFMSA will be seeking to both gain insights into the thinking of the OWG as well as shape their thinking on healths role in post 2015 particularly in specific sustainable development goals. To read more about the OWG click here the specific topics for the meetings are available here.
The way this delegation will be run will be quite unique, it will offer for those who wish close mentoring when in New York and a practical chance to develop lobbying and negotiation tracking skills. We are hoping participants will go on to lead delegations in IFMSA and play an active role in work on post 2015 in the future, therefore applicants should ideally have at least one year left in IFMSA.
- Understand the MDGs and have a basic understanding of what post 2015 is.
- Have some understanding of Rio+20 and Sustainable development
- Have some advocacy experience (this does not necessarily have to be at an international level).
- Have at least one year left of involvement in IFMSA
- Have specific knowledge and interest on issues such as gender equality, women’s empowerment, social equality, conflict prevention and peace.
- Email the following to [email protected] (cc [email protected]). Please indicate in the subject line what you are applying for.
- A maximum one page motivation letter including:
- Your motivation for attending
- Your plans for the meeting
- Your plans to be involved in IFMSA internationally or post 2015 in the future
- Your experience with advocacy/any training received.
- Your background level of knowledge on post 2015, MDGs and Sustainable Development
- A maximum two page CV
The deadline for applying is January 10th. Successful applicants will be notified by January 15th. Unfortunately, there is currently no funding available for attending this meeting from within IFMSA or from UN sources.